Mandarin Chinese and Martial Arts Program Overview
Martial Arts the ultimate training for health and well-being
- Learn Chinese and martial arts with discipline and enrich your martial arts skills under the guidance of China's National Wushu champions while studying Mandarin in Beijing.
- China's reputable and eminent history of martial arts, influenced by Taoism and Buddhism, has attracted many people from all over the world to come learn and master the secrets of martial arts.
- Popularly known as kung fu, Wushu is the Mandarin term for martial arts. Within Wushu, you can learn the disciplines of Chang Quan (Long Fist), Taijiquan (Tai-Chi), Qi Gong and more depending on your interests. The Martial Arts courses offered encompass traditional and contemporary styles as well as external and internal forms.
- Martial arts courses will be held at Beijing's leading physical education institutes, like the Beijing University of Physical Education, Capital Institute of Physical Education, the Beijing Sports University, or other renowned training centers, whilst the Mandarin Chinese language classes will be held at the PRC-CIE Academy.
PRC Study's Mandarin Chinese and Martial Arts program aims to immerse participants into Chinese language, martial arts, and culture through in-class instruction, after-class training, optional electives, social activities, guided tours, and more. Chinese language and martial arts classes are available for all levels from total beginner to advance.
A wide range of Chinese martial arts styles are offered. Be it for combat or for performance, the Martial Arts and Mandarin Chinese programs will provide ultimate training for your mind, body and soul, and at the same time increase your self-esteem, self-awareness, mental agility and concentration. Furthermore, this program is designed to improve your general fitness, speed, stamina, flexibility, coordination, balance, strength, and self-defense skills.
The martial arts classes focus on stance training for balance, strength, stamina and flexibility; repetition of movements for control and speed; and series of movements for coordination and overall fitness. The Mandarin Chinese language classes will incorporate all aspects of the language including reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar, phonetics, and vocabulary.
|Martial Arts Training Component
- Programs available from 1 week to 1 academic year
- Classes for beginner to advance
- Many different martial arts styles are available
- 15 hours of instructions per week from Monday to Friday
- Supervised out-of-class martial arts practice and training sessions
- Highly qualified and experienced Chinese martial arts instructors
- Many other activities, such as social activities, elective workshops, and excursion to Shaolin Temple are offered, which are geared to helping students learn about Chinese culture, history, arts, martial arts, and way of life.
|Mandarin Chinese Language Component
- High quality Mandarin instructions with complete and balanced curriculum in and out of the classrooms for total immersion
- Affordable short and long term programs with flexible start dates offered throughout the year for all levels from beginners to advanced
- Qualified native Mandarin teachers certified by the Ministry of Chinese Education to teach Mandarin Chinese to foreigners
- Private 1-on-1 lessons or small group classes* averaging 4 to 5 students providing a study-focused atmosphere for quick and effective Mandarin learning
- Total immersion into Chinese language, culture and way of life through social activities, guided tours, elective workshops, language exchange program, and much more
- Proven track record in successfully teaching Mandarin Chinese to many students from all over the world
* available only at the PRC-CIE Academy
PRC Study has been officially designated to assist foreign students to study Chinese in China. We partner with the best schools and universities in China to provide a range of China focused programs of the highest quality to students.
Currently, our Mandarin Chinese and Martial Arts program is offered in Beijing.
The Martial arts courses will be held at Beijing's leading physical education
institutes, such as the Beijing University of Physical Education, Capital Institute
of Physical Education, the Beijing Sports University, or other renowned training
centers, whilst the Mandarin Chinese language classes will be held at the PRC-CIE Academy. For more information on each of the institutions we represent,
please click universities.
In addition to providing structured Mandarin Chinese and Martial Arts training classes, PRC Study also offers elective workshops. The electives are designed to broaden students' awareness of Chinese culture, history, and arts, as well as to further improve students' Chinese linguistic skills. Taught by skilled teachers who are specialists in their field, we offer over 15 elective workshops which are made up of a series of classes held in the afternoon or early evening. During the program, each student may participate in all electives offered. For more information, please click on Electives.
||Chinese Arts &
||Martial Arts Electives
Character Writing & Reading
Chinese CompositionChinese IdiomsChinese PronunciationPronunciation Improvemen
Tai Ji Quan
Traditional Chinese Massage
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Meditation, Chants & Mantras
Chinese Foot Massage
PRC Study helps to minimize language and cultural barriers, allowing students
to have a smoother transition into China. PRC Study's China programs are affordable
and allow for total immersion into the Chinese language, martial arts, culture,
and way of life.
|Martial Arts Exchange Program
PRC Study arranges for each student to have local Chinese wushu students to
practice martial arts together. This provides excellent opportunities to practice
martial arts with a buddy, have someone to spot-watch, and discuss various
martial arts related topics, while mastering your martial arts skills and knowledge.
|Language and Cultural Immersion
PRC Study places great emphasis on providing language learning enhancement
support to students. We offer a 10 components formula for accelerated Chinese
immersion learning, which includes: 1-on-1 after class language tutorials;
multi-media learning courseware; supervised homework support; language exchange
program; language lab; use of library and reference materials; electives, social
activities, guided tours and excursions; student development assessment and
certification; and Mandarin only policy. For more details, please click on Total
|Social Activities, Guided Tours and Excursions
PRC Study also realizes that an added advantage in learning Mandarin Chinese
quickly and effectively is to get deep into China's rich and colourful culture
and society. Offering activities for all age groups, PRC Study organizes many
social, sporting and cultural activities, along with guided tours and excursions
for students during their study program in China. These activities offer tremendous
opportunities to interact with native speakers and to practice Mandarin learnt
in classes in out-of-class settings. For more details, click on Social
Activities, Guided Tours and Excursion.
|Total Packages & Services Offered
At PRC Study, we also understand that each student may have different needs. Therefore we offer multiple service options for students to choose from to cater to different budgets and requirements.
Our total comprehensive service packages cover everything from pre-departure
procedures in a student's home country right through to the end of the immersion
program in China, including core program, airport pickup, accommodation, insurance
and medical membership, visa support documents, 24 hour hotline support, and
a range of other essential services. We take care of everything while you focus
on studying the Chinese language and martial arts. For more information, please
click on PRC Study Services.
PRC Study offers many different types of accommodation to suit our students'
needs and budgets. Clean, comfortable and conveniently located, all of PRC
Study's accommodations are carefully selected, safe and secure with 24 hours
security. You can choose to live privately or share with a PRC Study arranged
roommate. For more general information, please visit Accommodation or
click on On or Off Campus Student Dorms, Student
Flats, Apartments, Hotels, Homestay for
Traveling overseas to study can be an exciting yet an unsettling experience.
For students' safety and peace of mind, all of PRC Study's Full Service Programs
include "StudentCare Plus" Travel and Medical Insurance.
The insurance covers emergency medical and dental treatment, pro-rata return
of program fee in case of curtailment, personal liability and more. Also included
is use of ISOS which provides access to medical advice and assistance 24 hours
a day by foreign doctors who are located in Beijing and throughout China. For
further details, please click on Insurance.
We will provide you with all the required documentations needed by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your home country to obtain your visa to China.
Students should apply for an F Visa which is generally issued for a length of 1, 3, or 6 months regardless of the study duration. In some instances the Chinese Embassy or consulate may issue an L Visa, a tourist visa, despite the actual purpose of travel. In other scenarios, an X Visa may be issued, requiring also a physical examination. The type of visa issued is determined by the Chinese authorities, but PRC Study will assist students to extend or convert visas as required after arrival into China.
Once full program fees are paid and enrollment completed, PRC Study will send
you all the required documents so that you may apply for your visa to enter
China. For more information, please click on visa types and application
Applicants must be:
- 18 years old or above
- In good health
- Students under 18 years of age may also be accepted. Please contact PRC
Study at email@example.com.